SteelFab Project Managers are our company’s chief representatives for handling projects with customers, vendors, and internal departments. Managers must successfully communicate with all parties involved to ensure a cost effective, schedule sensitive, and team-oriented result. Accountability and a high level of organization is imperative. Financial responsibility is required as it relates to decision making on project issues. An ability to communicate regarding schedule, expectations to team members, and issues that must be resolved is necessary for success. A Project Manager creates order, takes ownership their projects, and is an ambassador for SteelFab in excellence, teamwork, integrity, reliability, and passion for a job well done.
- Communicates regularly with customers, vendors, design teams and internal departments to satisfy needs of all parties with clarity, brevity, and professionalism
- Utilizes all of SteelFab’s resources with financial responsibility to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer and project with respect to cost, schedule and quality
- Creates vendor subcontracts and POs in a timely manner after both thorough review and coordination with estimating
- Evaluates, coordinates, and executes customer subcontracts on the company’s behalf that are consistent with the proposal and bid promises/scope.
- Promptly submits all change requests for scope, time, and costs and performs all negotiations and follow up necessary to customer’s satisfaction and bring profitable results.
- Composes all necessary vendor commitment changes in a fair and prompt manner.
Coordinates with accounting for accurate monthly pay applications to GCs.
- Directs Document Control Department with clarity for all drawing and paperwork processing
- Approves, verifies, and checks vendor invoices in a timely manner to allow for proper payment, including verifying information on lower tier vendors, the accurate percentages of work being billed, and submits in time for discounts or other time constraints.
- Runs monthly Work-In-Process (WIP) update for financial reporting on all jobs clearly annotating changes and accurately projecting costs.
- Handles all RFI’s from detailers and vendors and takes full responsibility for receiving answers and distributing to necessary parties to maintain schedule
- Runs all job meetings, including pre-detailing, pre-erection, BIM and internal meetings.
- Schedules all job deliveries with vendors, internal shipping, and customer to meet schedules and site requirements without delay, confusion, or unnecessary costs.
- Attends and represents SteelFab at customer required meetings and professionally works with customer to handle all communication problems and job status issues.
Schedules and attends regular jobsite meetings to review progress and supervises and directs measures necessary for site progress and safety to achieve goals of the job, contract and customer.
Monitors production reports and offers input internally to properly schedule fabrication as required by the shop for capacity and for job delivery requirements. Keeps shipping schedule current starting when drawings are released for fabrication
We are looking for Project Manager candidates who can help contribute to the growth and success of SteelFab. This candidate must exhibit values and attributes consistent with other employees, including:
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to Problem Solving and Customer Service
- Ability to collaborative with a team
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Excellent decision making/problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Aptitude to read and comprehend construction documents
- Willingness to put team success over individual success
- Seek to be fair and do the right thing (apply the golden rule consistently)
- Reliability and dependability
- Display excitement for the work and ambitious goals we have with our partners
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Products
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously (multi-tasking)
- Minimum 2-year associate degree or 7 plus years’ experience in construction industry as a Project Manager or Estimator.
- High level competency in Bluebeam, PDF’s, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, and common computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields
- Experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, internships, or part time employment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk & hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Hours outside of M-F, 7:30 am -5:30 pm will be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include evenings & weekends. The typical workweek is 45-50 hours per week.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment but may require travel to and visit a project office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. PPE (personal protective equipment) will be issued for the head, ears and face. Personal owned PPE may be required for hands and feet.
- May be assigned to work at a customer’s office, facility, or site for an extended period. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by company and/or Customer as required.