SteelFab Oregon that provides high quality steel structures with a high focus on customer service. The facility is of a dynamic organization supporting projects all over the nation. This is a collaborative team providing solutions for building inspiring projects, executing in a fast-paced environment, and delivering high quality products to our customers. We set high expectations for what we can accomplish as a team and individuals. We are looking for a new team member that expects excellence out of themselves and strives to reach their full potential.
On-Site Project Manager Description
On Site Project Management for SteelFab is a critical component of our management process and success on complicated large jobs with clients. The On-site PM works with and at the direction of the Senior Project Manager. Travel and living within proximity of jobsites across the US is required for this position. On site Project Manager’s must successfully communicate with all parties involved to ensure a cost effective, schedule sensitive, and team-oriented result. An ability to communicate regarding schedule, expectations to team members, and issues that must be resolved is necessary for success. An On-Site Project Manager creates order, takes ownership of his or her projects, and is an ambassador for SteelFab in excellence, teamwork, integrity, reliability, and passion for a job well done.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions
- Interact daily & continuously with erection foreman to assist with coordination of
materials, laydown/logistics, supply needs, etc.
- Set up and re-schedule deliveries with all steel shops, joist & deck, bolts (follow up with emails to vendors and cc office PM).
- Attend weekly/daily meetings with the erector.
- Review deliveries of steel and immediately starts coordinating DIRECT with SteelFab and other fabrication shop(s) if anything is missing to resolve & expedite missing pieces.
- Works with erector to resolve fix for any mis-fabricated and/or mis-detailed pieces to keep erection going. Immediately after includes in-office PM with details to document issue(s). Uses SteelFab engineering as needed for field fixes & distributes documentation.
- Look ahead at concrete progress, anchor bolts, surveys of anchor bolts, crane and access
roads, etc. Coordinate with erector and contractor to prepare site for our work, coordinate
with other trades.
- Ensure erector addresses all inspection items and remedies timely.
- Reviews & maintains rolling punch list.
- Relays any changes in the field/directives from customer to in-office PM for recording. Reviews erector time tickets for extra work to be submitted.
- Works minimum 5 days a week with erector during their work hours, follows all on site Safety requirements. Works overtime as required by the erection crew within confines of agreement with SteelFab management.
- Reviews and analyzes manpower requirements and schedule progress. Work with SteelFab inoffice PM to ensure dates are met and erector is not falling behind.
- Observe safety measures in place by erector and ensures OSHA, contractor and SteelFab requirements are met.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully on behalf of SteelFab to the contractor and otherparties
- Participates in pre-planning including sequencing, schedules, delivery timing, site coordination, joins pre- erection meetings with erector & contractor.
- Maintains minimum OSHA 30 license.
Values, Skills and Attributes
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to Problem Solving and Customer Service
- Ability to collaborative with a team
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Excellent decision making/problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Aptitude to read and comprehend construction documents
- Willingness to put team success over individual success
- Seek to be fair and do the right thing (apply the golden rule consistently)
- Reliability and dependability
- Display excitement for the work and ambitious goals we have with our partners
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Products
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously (multi-tasking)
- Minimum 2-year associate degree or 7 plus years’ experience in construction industry as a Project Manager or Estimator.
- High level competency in Bluebeam, PDF’s, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, and computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields.
- Experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, internships, or part time employment.
- Continuing education in Project Management training, organization, and leadership development skills is strongly encouraged.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk & hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Hours outside of M-F, 7:30 am -5:30 pm will be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include evenings & weekends. The typical workweek is 45-50 hours per week.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment but may require travel to and visit a project office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. PPE (personal protective equipment) will be issued for the head, ears and face. Personal owned PPE may be required for hands and feet.
- May be assigned to work at a customer’s office, facility, or site for an extended period. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by company and/or Customer as required.