Natural aptitude with handling numbers, analyzing figures, and organizing costs is necessary. Candidates must read complex blueprints and must be able to quickly understand and visualize construction drawings. We require a high level of personal organization, initiative, and a team-oriented approach. All employees are to be ambassadors for company’s highest ethical, quality, and professional standards.
- Coordinate bid document distribution to potential subcontractors with Document Control department.
- Prepare scope, alternate & exclusions in proposals professionally for review and submission to customers.
- Perform thorough and accurate material and labor take-off using company software.
- Run software reports from takeoff for review by sales VP or President.
- Prepare a completed recap of costs plus supporting vendor scope analysis for review by managers.
- Coordination of project scope and schedule with vendors/subcontractors through phone calls & emails.
- Work with designers to establish conceptual budget pricing and scope of work for upcoming projects, including collaborating on cost & schedule saving ideas.
- Provide feedback to vendors on pricing & scope to allow them to best serve our company’s needs.
- Promote company and capabilities to client and subcontractor base.
- Work with Project Managers during project turn-over period to insure a smooth transition from bid to construction.
- Work with Project Managers to prepare change request pricing for design changes.
- Establish & maintain relationships with customers and vendors to strengthen cooperation.
- Prioritize to meet deadlines of multiple bids.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
We are looking for Estimator candidates who can help contribute to the growth and success of SteelFab. This candidate must exhibit values and attributes consistent with other employees, including:
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to Problem Solving and Customer Service
- Ability to collaborative with a team
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Excellent decision making/problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Aptitude to read and comprehend construction documents
- Willingness to put team success over individual success
- Seek to be fair and do the right thing (apply the golden rule consistently)
- Reliability and dependability
- Display excitement for the work and ambitious goals we have with our partners
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Products
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong sense of urgency
- Minimum 2-year associate degree or 7 plus years’ experience in construction industry as an Estimator.
- High level competency in Bluebeam, PDF’s, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, and common computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields
- Experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, internships, or part time employment.