Steel Estimator – Raleigh, NC
Steel Estimator – Experienced
Estimating position with national leader in steel fabrication for candidates with at least 3 years experience in structural steel or the estimating/construction industry.
Natural aptitude with handling numbers, analyzing figures and organizing costs is necessary. Candidates must read complex blueprints, and must be able to quickly understand and visualize construction drawings. We require a high level of personal organization, initiative, and a team oriented approach. All employees are to be ambassadors for SteelFab’s highest ethical, quality and professional standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with bid administrator for electronic retrieval from clients and distribution to potential subcontractors
- Prepare scope, alternate and exclusions in proposals for review and submission
- Perform thorough and accurate material and labor take-off using company software
- Coordinate with purchasing for material pricing, unusual sizes, quantities, rolled steel, etc.
- Run software reports from takeoff for review by sales VP or president
- Prepare a completed recap of costs plus supporting vendor scope analysis for review by managers
- Coordination of project scope and schedule with vendors/subcontractors through phone calls and emails
- Work with designers to establish conceptual budget pricing and scope of work
- Provide feedback to vendors to allow them to best serve our company’s needs
- Promote company and capabilities to client and subcontractor base
- Work with project managers during project turnover period to insure a smooth transition from bid to construction
- Work with project managers to prepare change request pricing for design changes
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and vendors to strengthen cooperation
Qualifications and requirements
Required: 3 years’ experience in the industry, blueprint reading, computer skills in Microsoft (particularly Excel), natural aptitude handling and analyzing numbers.
Preferred: 2-year technical degree or 4-year bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, construction management or related fields. Continuing education in construction, organization, and technical skills is strongly encouraged.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||(All), Estimator|