As a Project Engineer at CM Steel (a division of SteelFab) you will be introduced to various aspects of the construction industry while working in conjunction with our Project Management and Estimating teams on various projects. You will build on your experiences and skills by taking on several relevant tasks, including:
Essential Job Functions
1. Working with Estimating department to solicit subcontractor pricing on new estimates.
2. Performing scope reviews of subcontractor bids and ensure conformance with project requirements.
3. Performing material and labor take-offs using company software.
4. Preparing pricing recaps for review by Senior Estimator and VP of Preconstruction.
5. Following up with customers on bids that have been submitted.
6. Issue requests for information (RFI’s) to clients.
7. Maintain shipping and project schedules.
8. Writing purchase orders and subcontracts to vendors.
9. Coordinating scope with suppliers and subcontractors.
10. Preparing and issuing change order request pricing.
11. Reviewing design drawing revisions for scope changes.
12. Jobsite visits where you will interact with clients and vendors.
13. Construction drawing/modeling coordination and submittal review.
14. Work with onsite subcontractors to identify and resolve field issues.
15. Material procurement and production tracking.
16. Perform other duties as required by management.
We are looking for Project Engineer candidates who can help build on the growth and success of CM Steel. This candidate must exhibit values and attributes consistent with other employees, including:
• Energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and customer satisfaction
• Ability to multitask
• Willingness and eagerness to learn quickly
• Aptitude to read and comprehend construction documents
• Willingness to put team success over individual success
• Seek to be fair and do the right thing (apply the golden rule consistently)
• Reliability and dependability
• Display excitement for the work and ambitious goals we have with our partners
• Project Engineer
• Assistant Project Manager or Estimator
• Project Manager (if previously APM)
• Senior Project Manager or Senior Estimator
Qualifications and Requirements
Required: Minimum 2-year associate degree. High level competency in Bluebeam, PDF’s, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, and common computer skills. Valid driver’s license.
Preferred: 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields. Some experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, possibly internships or part-time employment.