Essential Job Functions:
1. Must be able to interpret and inspect the cutting list of materials.
2. Must understand how to compare the grade of steel to OptiMizer cutting list.
3. Must know how to run the conveyor.
4. Proficiency is required with equipment and material handling (cranes, conveyor tables).
5. Machinist must have knowledge of operating material once on the transfer table.
6. Distinguish between sizes (length and width) of the beam and shapes (channel, s-shaped, misc. channel, tubing).
7. Knowledge of how to square lead end.
8. Understanding of the verification of job number, sequence number, and release number.
9. Operation of the saw and/or drill and knowledge of each function of the drill / saw.
10. Responsible for routine maintenance checks (filling coolants, grease joints ).
11. Having an “ear” for potential machine problems by being able to describe and diagnose the current machine issue.
12. Responsible for naming the piece after each cut.
13. Correct use and knowledge of measuring devices.
14. “Daily Inspection” of job, piece marks, and cut dates.
15. Must be aware and responsible of surrounding environment and safety orientated with this environment.
16. Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: Must be able to read tape measure to 1/16” increments. Must be able to read numbers, letters, and a dial face clock. Must be able to speak and understand enough English to follow basic instructions. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs over shoulder height.