Baltimore Fabrication LLC is looking for candidates to perform the role of Human Resource and Payroll Manager in it’s Highlandtown administrative office. Baltimore Fabrication has approximately 70 full time employees, and is a division of SteelFab, Inc. (Charlotte, NC). This position will report to the Controller of Baltimore Fabrication LLC.
Essential Job Functions
- Process weekly payroll for 50 hourly employees and 18 salaried employees using Computer Ease / Deltek Payroll Service software;
- Be familiar with scale-wage / Davis Bacon payroll requirements;
- Handle onboarding of new employees, review new hire paperwork for compliance with hiring standards, set up and maintain employees in payroll software;
- Maintain personnel files in good order;
- Maintain employee deductions, hourly rate changes, demographic information, etc.
- Ensure company is compliant with local and state labor laws;
- Administer company benefits plans (medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k) to eligible employees;
- Review medical insurance monthly billings for accuracy;
- Work with third party administrators where necessary to resolve problems or answer employee inquiries;
- Regularly communicate with parent-company Director of HR throughout the year;
- Avail yourself to company employees for discussions that may involve workplace issues, or other sensitive personnel matters.
- Spearhead recruiting efforts for vacant positions in our field and home office.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: 3-5 years of Human Resource and Payroll experience