Difficult fabrication of steel parts by reading blue prints and building to specifications using hand held power tools and track type oxy-fuel cutting apparatus with minimum supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lay out rises, slopes and bevels using framing squares.
2. Lay out and build fixtures.
3. Pass tack weld test in 3F and 4F positions with F4 electrode group.
4. Interpret structural steel blue prints (shop drawings).
5. Be able to camber.
6. Operate 90° angle grinder.
7. Heat straighten using torch.
8. Operate cutting torch.
9. Utilize impact wrench to tighten bolts.
10. Operate overhead pendent controlled bridge crane safely and efficiently.
11. Fabricate truss and rolled beam.
12. Operate radiograph/ track torch.
13. Be qualified welder (class “C”).
14. Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: High school education or equivalent. Basic knowledge of ASIC code of standard practices and AWS D1.1 Chapter 3 (workmanship). Ability to read tape measure to 1/16” increments and add / subtract dimensions. Ability to read weld symbols and basic knowledge of structural steel fasteners. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Should be knowledgeable in procedures 401, 402, 403, 404, 405.
Preferred: Two or more years experience in manufacturing in the steel fabrication industry.
Proficiency and use of Software, equipment, machines, tools, electronic device necessary for job:
Squares (combination, bevel, frame), 90° angle grinder, crane, torch, impact wrench, radiograph/track torch, reamers, and magnetic drills.