Manage projects for the design of structural steel bolted and welded connections to resist gravity, wind, seismic and other applied loadings. Individual works under the direction of and reports to the Vice President.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise junior level engineers in team and individual environments.
- Independently manage structural project design.
- Innovate and apply creative solutions to problems.
- Review and evaluate contract structural and architectural documents for design requirements.
- Analyze load cases and load combinations.
- Evaluate connection options for structural adequacy, economy, and constructability.
- Design high-strength bolted and welded connections.
- Utilize structural software for analysis of joints (RAM, Risa, Bentley Structural, etc.)
- Develop customized design software modules (Excel, Visual Basic, C+. etc.)
- Develop and coordinate 3D models (Tekla Structures, Revit, etc.)
- Provide engineering support for shop fabrication processes.
- Provide engineering support for field erection activities.
- Evaluate projects for value engineering and constructability improvements for clients.
- Attend design progress meetings for coordination with General Contractor, Architect and Structural Engineer of Record.
- Limited travel time required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Required: Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. PE and/or SE licensure.
Computer skills: MS Excel, structural analysis software.