Works in plant by performing such duties as moving material, pulling parts, counting bolts, cambering, and housekeeping.
Essential Job Functions
- Loads and unloads material on or from transfer tables using roller conveyors or 5-ton crane.
- Moves material by hand, hand truck, or pallet jack.
- Pickup scrap metals and performs general housekeeping (sweeping etc.)
- Places material in beams as required like nuts, washers, bolts, plates, angles, beams, etc.
- Operate 5-ton crane after 90-day grace period and proper training and supervision.
- Operate roller conveyors and transfer tables after proper training and supervision.
- Operate cambering machine after proper training and supervision.
- Make lists and stacks tables as required.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at times. Must have vision correctable to at least 20/50 in one eye. Must be able to read and interpret detailed shop drawings. Must be able to speak and understand enough English to follow simple instructions. Must be computer literate. Must have knowledge of the tools, machines, equipment, and materials used in a steel fabricating shop.
Preferred: Two or more years of experience in manufacturing in the steel fabrication industry.
Proficiency and use of software, equipment, machines, tools: (power hand grinder, magnetic bases portable drill, hand power tools, heating torch, handheld torque wrench) and electronic devices necessary for job.