- Tangent, OR
- Portland, OR
Natural aptitude with handling numbers, analyzing figures, and organizing costs is necessary. Candidates must read complex blueprints and must be able to quickly understand and visualize construction drawings. We require a high level of personal organization, initiative, and a team-oriented approach. All employees are to be ambassadors for SteelFab’s highest ethical, quality, and professional standards.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinate bid document distribution to potential subcontractors with Document Control department.
2. Prepare scope, alternate & exclusions in proposals professionally for review and submission to customers.
3. Perform thorough and accurate material and labor take-off using company software.
4. Run software reports from takeoff for review by sales VP or President.
5. Prepare a completed recap of costs plus supporting vendor scope analysis for review by managers.
6. Coordination of project scope and schedule with vendors/subcontractors through phone calls & emails.
7. Work with designers to establish conceptual budget pricing and scope of work for upcoming projects, including collaborating on cost & schedule saving ideas.
8. Provide feedback to vendors on pricing & scope to allow them to best serve our company’s needs.
9. Promote company and capabilities to client and subcontractor base.
10. Work with Project Managers during project turn-over period to insure a smooth transition from bid to construction.
11. Work with Project Managers to prepare change request pricing for design changes.
12. Establish & maintain relationships with customers and vendors to strengthen cooperation.
13. Prioritize to meet deadlines of multiple bids.
14. Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: 2-year technical degree or high school diploma/equivalent. Some knowledge of computer skills, natural aptitude handling and analyzing numbers.
Preferred: 4-year bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or applied engineering studies. Some experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, possibly internships or part time.