As an Assistant Project Manager at SteelFab you will handle a variety of project management functions under the supervision of more senior managers on multiple projects. You will build on your experiences and skills as a Project Engineer by taking on a number of relevant tasks, including:
Essential Job Functions
1. Issue requests for information (RFI’s) to clients and track through completion, close out and impact to scope.
2. Maintain shipping & project schedules.
3. Writing purchase orders and subcontracts to vendors, reading scopes to ensure compliance with requirements.
4. Coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors within and beyond our scope of work.
5. Preparing and issuing Change Order Request pricing, including impacts and presentation to clients.
6. Reviewing design drawing revisions for scope changes.
7. Representation in jobsite meetings, interacting with clients, designers, and vendors.
8. Construction drawing/modeling coordination and submittal review compliance.
9. Work with onsite subcontractors to identify and resolve field issues.
10. Prepare and manage shop orders.
11. Review and approve invoices and under guidance of senior Project Manager prepare monthly billings and Schedule of Values (SOV).
12. Perform other duties as required by management.
We are looking for Assistant Project Manager candidates who can help build on the growth and success of SteelFab. This candidate must exhibit values and attributes consistent with other employees, including:
– Energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and customer satisfaction
– Ability to multitask and self-schedule yourself and activities to meet demands
– Integrity dealing with clients and vendors
– Aptitude to review drawings, discern problems, articulate both questions and notes to resolve discrepancies and non-compliance resolution
– Financial ability to review costs, commitments against budgets, notice variations, research variations, and communicate with management
– Communicate internally to ensure collaboration results in execution for our partners internal and external
– Reliability and dependability
– Display excitement for the work and ambitious goals we have with our partners
– Assistant Project Manager
– Project Manager
– Senior Project Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
Required: Minimum 2-year associate degree. High level competency in Bluebeam, PDF’s,
Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, and common computer skills. Valid driver’s license.
Preferred: 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields.
Some experience in the construction or engineering industry through work, possibly internships or
part time employment. Continuing education in project management training, organization, and
leadership development skills is strongly encouraged.